Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Things i never thought I would have to worry about...




  • Kinks in a catheter tube.  Just like a regular hose if it kinks the fluid can't get through. 
  • What to do if your child hides in the back of the minivan while you are bringing the wheelchair back into the hospital.  I really thought he had run off for a moment.
  • Helping your father put on clean underpants (after you had to fight with him to change the pair that he would have worn to death if I let him).
  • Helpful children who help out by loading and running the dishwasher, but forget to put all the silverware back into the dishwasher.



  • A rehabilitation center, housing people who use wheelchairs to have only four handicapped parking spots in the parking lot and two wheelchair ramps nowhere near the main entrance.
  • My underpants falling off while shopping, luckily my pants stayed on.  I guess I lost some weight! Sorry no pic of that!
  • A cat that garbage picks various items out of the garbage can.  I swear she is part ninja.  She is not as innocent as she looks.

  • Getting a phone call from your Mother and because of the tracheotomy she can't always talk so you can't hear her at all.  So you have her communicate by tapping on the phone.
  • To have your 11 year old have anxiety at school and home so bad it effects his breathing and gives him chest pains.  
  • To have to pick a stop sign up that was blown over by the wind and was blocking traffic.


Be woken up by my father, change his Foley bag and then be told he is going back to sleep, so I have to switch the bags again, then just when I think it is safe to sleep have to convince him that his pants are okay and that they are not running away from him.  I think we both are going back to bed now.


No comments:

Post a Comment