Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Friday, January 1, 2016

Two for Two

I am two for two.  Two serious relationships, two times I have fallen in love and two times the men in my life have all but destroyed me.

I met him over a year ago.  It was traffic court, I have a bit of a lead foot.  I remember the first time I saw him.  Maybe I fell for him right then.  We stated talking while we stood in line.  Time passed and I found myself really liking him.  I remember thinking that if I didn't do something I would never see him again.  I actually argued with myself and gave him my business card asking him to call me sometime.  I never do that.  He is the only one I have ever done that with.  Will I ever trust my judgement again?

He called me, he was in a relationship and nothing happened except some flirting and then we didn't communicate again.  I forgot about him.  A year went by, almost to the day, and he texted me again wanting to see me.  He broke up with his girlfriend and I wasn't seeing anyone so I agreed.  That began three months of some amazing times and some horrible times that I wish I could forget.

In that time there were legal issues.  I loaned him some money, though I did have him sign a promissory note.  I doubt I will ever see that money again unless I take him to small claims court.  I got very sick and didn't trust my instincts.  I should have checked my bank balance before I finally did.  I should have done a lot of things different.

I should have booted him out when he started accusing me of cheating on him, even though I was 100% faithful, even when I was mad at him.  I never cheat on anyone I'm dating.  That happened to me and I won't do it to anyone else.

I should have made him leave when he started talking to me like my ex-husband.  I did stand up for myself and he did apologize.  Of course at the same time it looks like he was staling money from my bank account.  He figured out my pin, maybe he saw me use it.  It looks like he took almost $5000 from me.

How does the story end?  Well, I am not someone who sits and lets herself be taken advantage of.  I called the bank, I called the police and I hoped I was wrong.  Then I saw the photo evidence from the ATM machines from after we broke up.  He was smiling in some of them and laughing.  I felt like I was kicked in the gut.

He was arrested and I am pressing charges.  I'm may not have noticed while he was doing it, but now that I know I will be sure to do all I can to let him know that he picked the wrong woman to use.  I think I will be spending 2016 free of relationships.  Two bad ones have taken their toll on me.  I am sure there are some good men out there.  I don't seem to have the skill set to find them however.

No comments:

Post a Comment