Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Date at the Fair

D and I spent the afternoon and evening at the Fair today. I have never had such a good time with just the two of us. I have to say the day was amazing. There was definitely a connection between us again. I honestly was apprehensive about the day because we usually fight at the Fair.

One of the first things he did was buy me a necklace I have been eyeing for the last couple years. I have only seen it at the Fair, it is a pendant with a moon phase on it. I was born under a full moon so he bought me a pendant with the full moon on it. The next couple years if they are still at the Fair I will get the children's moon phase pendants too. That was my anniversary gift.

We meandered through the Fair eating from this stand and that stand. I had stuffed banana peppers, a fried Resses Peanut Butter Cup (it was amazing by the way), Green Corn soup from the indian village, pizza and a wonderful peach wine. In fact the wine village was a nice addition that was added this year. D and I took time to sit and talk while we both had a glass of wine. Since we were at the Fair without children (thanks to D's mom for spending her day with them) we could take time to sit down and talk.

I really think spending time alone together is helping our marriage. We have been setting aside more time alone together than we used to. It is something that was always recommended but we found ourselves just falling into a pattern where we were with P and B almost all the time. Spending time alone together was something we would plan but often just didn't happen.

Today was wonderful, of course I am still full from all the food and my feet hurt from the walking. Overall it was just a great day with my husband. Dates are definitely something that we will be doing more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment