Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Thorn in my Side

Today I went to Niagara University and turned in my application for graduate school. I could have mailed it, but I chose to walk it in. While I was there they reviewed my transcripts and recommendations. I had everything I needed and they told me I should hear from them within a week.

The woman going through all my documents seemed to indicate to me that I would be accepted. Orientation is in less than a month. I am so looking forward to going back to school. Almost everyone, including my husband is encouraging me and are excited for me.

Sadly my mother in law is the one thorn in my side. She is already saying I won't be able to get a job and I haven't even started school year. I have to say it really bothers me that she is always trying to talk Dennis into not supporting me and she wants him to talk me out of it.

I fear that this will be a huge issue between us. I will be going to school for 15 - 18 months. I am not going to let her discourage me. Still every chance she gets she complains to Dennis about me going back to school. I am doing this to better prepare myself for the job market. When both children are in school full time I want to go back to work and I need to know I can support myself if it comes to that.

I know I can do this and I will get this degree with or without my Mother-In-Laws encouragement. She may not have faith in me, but I do and so does D.

No comments:

Post a Comment