Thursday, July 14, 2011
So I made rainbow pancakes. Of course B wanted pink pancakes and P decided on blue, I made green for me and daddy was boring, he didn't want any color. He just wanted ordinary pancakes. I can't remember a time when both kids ate all their food and asked for seconds. I did end up making some black pancakes at the end when I mixed all three colors together. They tasted pretty good too.
Things to remember when making rainbow chocolate chip pancakes
1. The chocolate chips hide at the bottom of the bowl and need to be encouraged to be in every pancake.
2. Hide the pancake plate with made pancakes on it or they will mysteriously disappear. Coincidently the children will get mystery chocolate streaks on their face. Spooooooky!!!!
3. Pink pancakes seem to disappear the fastest.
3. Don't try to get grumpy boring dads to add color to their pancakes, they can get quite loud.
4. Make extra, you will need them.
Dinner is over and I managed to save one dollar this week to buy fudge swirled ice cream for snack tonight. For a Thursday the day turned out okay, though there are still a few hours left.