Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Friday, June 19, 2009

The Hidden Chocolate Milk Effect

Photobucket
Tonight after bedtime I was watching television when I heard my daughter scream and go hysterical. I thought she was hurt really bad. I of course went to her right away, she sounded so scared and I could see her face looked more scared than hurt. Often after bedtime they feign being hurt to get our attention. This was no act.

She latches on to me and holds on real tight. She then announces that she is going to die. Okay now I need to find out what is going on and I ask her why she thinks that she is going to die. She finally manages to tell this story to me in between screams and sobs.

Earlier in the day she hid her chocolate milk so P wouldn't drink it. While I was watching TV in my bedroom she snuck out of her room and got her milk out of it's hiding place. She drank some because she is thirsty and the milk is very warm. Well, she has heard us talk about warm milk going bad, and how spoiled food can make us very sick. So when she drank the milk and it was warm she panicked and figured that she was going to die.

Oh was she so upset and scared. It took me a while to finally understand what happened and then to finally calm her down. She held onto me so tight. This really effected her. She finally settled down and went to bed. I bet she never hides her chocolate milk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment