Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What is Financially Responsible?

How come whenever I try to do something to improve our family he goes ballistic? This week I found a website that will give you one free copy of your credit report a year. I have always wanted to see mine and try to clean it up. I have made money mistakes and some were so long ago that I just don't remember who, when, where and how much any more. I have two children and in the future I would like to be able to better provide for them. I want to be able to get a decent job. I just want to better myself.

So I was all excited that I finally had a way to get my credit report. I went online and printed it out and saw that most of the items on it were so small and I can get them paid off relatively quickly. So I tell him my plan. He wants to be reckless with his 501k and withdrawal it all. He wants to buy a car, maybe two. He doesn't even have a job. That money was supposed to be for our future, not our present.

We are having an argument because I (the unresponsible one with money according to him) would like to use about $1000.00 to get things paid off on my credit report. He (according to him the one who is better with money) wants to buy a two cars and sell my car to recoup some of the money.

I think I just may go crazy this time. Of course neither one of us is flexible once we know the other one has a different plan. So we will butt heads about this. I can't even think of a happy medium between us. It's not like he can buy half a car. Whenever I do something major to improve myself he gets this pigheaded. Maybe he is afraid I will improve myself out of this marriage. That may actually come to pass if he keeps pushing me away.

So now I am sitting here with a sore throat from yelling and a tear in my eye because it seems like we keep moving backwards. I am getting ready to go out for the afternoon and can only hope that he and I will both calm down and be able to talk about this instead of screaming at each other, All I can do right now is take deep breaths to calm down and remove myself from his vicinity. Somehow we will work past this. I just don't know how at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment