Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Frustration and Peace (an unusual mix)

At 10:30 this morning the phone rings and I look at the caller ID like usual, my hear sank. It was a call from my son's school. He was disruptive in class again. He had to go the Principal's office to calm down. Luckily that work's he calms down quickly and the rest of the day is usually better behaved.

Well, not this time. He was so disruptive in lunch that his class lost a prize. His classmates were begging him to calm down and he couldn't. I don't want his classmates to resent him. I have to figure out how to help him calm down when he has an asperger's fit.

Not even 15 minutes later I got a call from the school social worker. We talked about what she is doing to prepare for his Student Support Team meeting. I hope they see that he needs a 504 or IEP and he gets the help he deserves and needs.

We started working on breathing and counting to calm himself down. After about 20 tries he managed to calm down. I don't know if it was the breathing and counting or if he did it on his own. His behavior has been slipping at home and in school. I wish I could find a way to help him.

Daddy took our son to a fun event at his school tonight. I had a nice quality evening with my daughter. We watch a Blue's Clues movie and Celtic Thunder. It was a calm evening with no screaming or tension. Even when they came home the atmosphere was peaceful.

Is this the calm before the storm? Tomorrow is payday and usually there is at least one fight about the money. I signed up to get a team of walkers for an Autism Walk in May and really want to add some funds to my pledge. I hope he will figure out tis is something I need to do. I can't make his's Asperger's go away. This way I feel like I am doing something.

Photobucket
My Son's Art

No comments:

Post a Comment