Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Friday, March 20, 2009

One Bag at a Time

Okay I filled up one garbage bag from our bedroom. I can't believe I let it get this bad. My son walks in and says, "Mama, how come it doesn't look any cleaner in here?" It is still overwhelming and if I look at the whole I will stop. It is too much for one person. I don't want to think about all the cleaning that needs to be done. I can't leave any ammunition that could allow the children to be taken from me.

He is right, there is not much of a difference. One bag is just a drop in the bucket. When he gets home he will be upset I cleaned in our room and not the living-room where he spends his time. This room is my sanctuary right now. It still looks like it will defeat me. I look at the looming piles that my children just want to climb and can't see how I will be able to put everything away.

Most things never even had a place to begin with. I have no closet and he won't put up the closet organizer that I bought so we could hang things up. I don't even know how to get to the wall I want it hung on. I finally have a drill, but I have never used one. I don't know if I can hang it up by myself. I know he won't help

He never helps. I have asked for him to move the turtle sandbox in our backyard since last fall. It is another thing I can't do alone. Last year he had a fit when I asked him to help me hang up my Topsy Turney planters. Anytime I need help he bitches at me. "Why can't you do it yourself?" "You're worthless, you're incapable of doing anything!"

Well, on to the next bag. Hopefully I can get more than that done today. One step at a time, one day at a time. one bag at a time.

1 comment:

  1. One bag at a time is right! You'll see the difference; just keep working at it.

    ReplyDelete