Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Improving Myself

Just in case, I want to better myself educationally to ensure I will be able to support myself and my children in case I end up leaving. I finally found a two year Masters program in Elementary Education that does not require I have a previous degree in education. When I got my business degree I was convinced I couldn't have children and a career in retail seemed doable and I had the experience to get in retail management.

Now I have two miracle children and I never want to work retail again. In a couple years my daughter will be in school full time and I will be ready to go back to work. If I start this program at Medaille I will be student teaching when she is in kindergarten and hopefully by the time she is in first grade I will have a teaching job. I am not expecting to make a fortune teaching I just want to be able to support myself and my children if worst comes to worst.

I am amazed at how motivated I am feeling. It is about time I do something for myself too. Funny how now that I am in my forties I am facing so many of my fears and putting them in their place. I have always wanted to teach but was always afraid to pursue it, I thought I wasn't good enough. Now I know I am and am ready to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment