Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Friday, March 20, 2009

This is Why I don't Clean When The Kids are Home

Two bags of garbage are filled from my bedroom. There is a visible dent in the clutter. As I carry the bag to the kitchen I hear roars and giggles in the basement then I smell... PAINT!!!!! "Are you playing with paint?" I ask knowing full well the answer. I hear my daughter whisper "yes, mommy." Then my son proudly announces that they are playing monster so of course they had to cover their bodies in brown paint to play the part.

I take a deep breath and order them into the bathtub. Luckily they were in play clothes. I should have known something like this was going to happen. After I filled up the first bag I walked into the kitchen to see egg shells scattered on the floor and egg in two bowls. Both children proudly mixing the eggs announced they were helping me by making lunch.

I am afraid to do anymore cleaning today, lol. They are in the tub happily playing, the water is still brownish from the paint despite two washes and rinsing with fresh water. I am about to venture into the basement to see what damage is done there. Luckily this happened when daddy was at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment