Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adventures in Cooking

I love to cook. I have used recipes as a guide but usually add a little here and change a bit there. Other times I just look at what we have in the pantry and create my own dish. Today was one of those days. I was just in a creative mood.

I started by dicing two small zucchini into small chunks and chopped up about a third of a medium size Vidella onion. I threw them into a frying pan with a TBSP of butter and cooked them until they were soft. Then I added a can of diced tomatoes and a small bag of frozen corn.

I added some salt and pepper but it was missing something. I have a bag of Key Limes and thought an acid would really perk this up. So I cut about 4 or 5 Key limes in half and juiced them over the pan and added some pulp. Wow it was fantastic, if I do say so myself. Even my super picky husband loved it.

My children however tell me it tastes like rotten tomatoes. Now they have never eaten a rotten tomato so I really don't know what they think a rotten tomato tastes like. They just like the most boring foods. Unless it is ice cream. I bet they would eat any flavor ice cream and love it. Though I think Zucchini flavor Ice cream would be a bit much.

No comments:

Post a Comment