Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I woke up to both my children jumping up and down on the bed. I was presented with a piece of toast with salmon cream cheese (my favorite) on it. My children made it all by themselves. It was very yummy. Then came the cards. Of course they were Hallmark cards. It is an unwritten rule in our family that we only buy Hallmark cards. This tradition started when I was a child and my father was poking fun at the Hallmark commercials. He would always turn over the cards he got to make sure they were the best, Hallmark cards so we just started only buying Hallmark. Its funny how some traditions start.

My son also made me a box for seashells, a bank from a baby food jar and some very nice drawings. Then came the real gift. Daddy took the kids to Michael's yesterday for a Make and Take craft for Mother's Day. Both children made me a very nice charm necklace.

Photobucket

I have two of the same thing so I switched the chains. That way no matter which necklace I wear (and I can't tell the difference at all) both children contributed to it.

It has been a very nice Mother's Day. The only way it could be better was if it was warm enough to work in the garden. But I know what the weather is like here. So I do what I can when I can and stop hopping for more. Someday soon I will get the gardens al done, just not on Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment