Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One Week of Meds

I heard from my sons teacher about how he is at school now that he is taking Adderall XR. She gets the good boy during the day and by the time he is home the meds are wearing off and a meltdown is inevitable. So I asked her for some feedback on how his behavior is different than before he started taking the meds

This is the list of her comments

* Less anxious
* Able to tolerate frustration
* Able to adapt to change
* Works well for subs and special area teachers
* Work is neater, complete within a specified time.
* Transitions better
* More focused on task (even writing)
* Quieter voice levels
* Less self stimming behaviors
* Less distracted

I am so proud of him. I know the meds are helping him and allowing him to control his behavior better. He is making the right choices and now his brain is helping when he makes them. He is on his way to a perfect week behavior wise. It has been so long since we saw five green days all in a row. I hope my expectations aren't to much for the first week on his meds.

His appetite is still on the lighter side and he still has trouble falling asleep. On the plus side he is bright-eyed and bushy tailed in the morning. Though I found out something tragic, my son is a morning singer. He was just singing away this morning as he was getting something to dressed and having a before school snack (he eats breakfast at school). I am not a morning person and the last thing I want to hear is happy singing. Though it was cute I have to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment