Laura's books-i-have-read-in-2017 book montage

Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall


Laura's favorite books »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Outfits

We live in a cooler climate. That is a nice way to put it. We don't have snow this time of year, but we did last week. So I go shopping for an easter dress for my daughter. Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox. So it is usually in early spring. Why then are all the Easter dresses no sleeved? I guess the buyers forget some people live in a northern climate.

Also boys clothes for Easter are either a three piece suit or dress pants and a sweater vest (see the boys can be warm, it's the girls that get to shiver). I wanted something for my son not quite so dressy. I am not buying a suit for him that he will hardly ever wear. I make sure his clothes look good and are functional. So it usually is nice pants and a polo shirt.

I am so thankful that boys polo shirts are reasonably priced. Plus he also looks fantastic in that style shirt. If I do say so myself that is. I don't know how he managed to get so cute.

This morning my daughter had her Easter dress all ready. I found one with small sleeves on it and I grabbed that one right up. She had a pink purse and hat to go with it and new stockings too. My son's shirt was a little wrinkled. So I had my husband put it in the dryer with a wet washcloth to de-wrinkle it so he could wear it today.

I then made the mistake of taking a nap. Because of course my normal late sleeping children woke up at 7 am this morning to see what the Easter Bunny left last night. I had breakfast cooked by 8 am. The egg hunt was over at 8:30 and it was a long time until lunch (our first stop of the day) so I took a nap. Everything was all ready after all. What could go wrong?

Well, my daughter just received two princess dresses. One was pink with silver decorations. While it is cute I wouldn't let her wear it to church or out to an Easter Brunch. Daddy however saw nothing wrong with it. He also forgot all about the nice stain free new polo shirt he put in the dryer and put our son in a play shirt with stains and a pen line on the neckline. He woke me up just moments before we left. In fact the kids were in the car wearing jackets and strapped into the car seats.

We get to my in-laws house and I now realize what my kids are dressed in. I was so embarrassed. My daughter was kind of cute, but I don't even let my son use that shirt to go to school in anymore. It is a junk shirt for when he is playing outside or inside with something messy.

At least we did go home for the polo shirt before we went to my parents house. The princess dress stayed, after all it was kind of cute and my parents did have a Polish ribbon crown for her and it matched the dress so nicely. He also looked good in his robins egg blue colored polo shirt. Again I know I am biased but everyone else tells me how cute they are. So I believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment